LANSING, Mich. - Great Lakes Christian College women's basketball (0-10) came up short against Glen Oaks Community College (4-5) on Friday night, 83-71, despite an excellent game from Oghenehoke Johnson.
Great Lakes led early, even building a 17-9 lead on a 6-0 run late in the first. Glen Oaks responded in the second, riding an 8-0 run to take a lead they would not relinquish and taking a 31-25 lead to halftime.
The home team continued to hang around, closing a 12-point margin to three as the third quarter wore on. Glen Oaks opened the fourth leading 52-45 and started to open up their lead, going on a 14-4 run to salt the game away. Great Lakes never got closer than 12 after the run as the visitors closed out an 83-71 win.
- Johnson had a very productive night for Great Lakes, leading all scorers with 26 points and grabbing nine rebounds.
- Mystic Striker picked up another double-double with 19 points and 16 rebounds, despite playing most of the game with four fouls.
- Kerlunda Dervil had 11 steals.
- Glen Oaks committed 27 turnovers but won the rebounding battle 54-38.
- Shakaya Rogers led Glen Oaks with 22 points. Briona Gibson scored 13 points and picked up 10 rebounds.
Great Lakes will take on USCAA Andrews University in Berrian Springs, Mich. on Thursday at 6:00 p.m.